Well it’s been a while hasn’t it! To quote Rihanna ‘work, work, work, work, work, work’ has been the bane of my life for the past few weeks. And it’s only gonna get worse *cue tears*
I hate it when my days get filled up with so much work that it affects my own personal time, as I’m sure many of you do. So much less time to do the things I love – like reading or writing. Buuuuut *cue fanfare and megaphone* NO MORE I SAY! A work life/personal life balance is key to stop you from imploding, so that’s what I’m gonna make a conscious effort to do. And *fans self excitedly* I’ve even come up with a list of things to implant that will hopefully help me get that balance back:
1) Make time for reading on my route to work – instead of sleeping (😁) on the tram/bus whip out a book and utilise my time wisely.
2) Carry a notebook with me at all times so I can jot down any ideas wherever I am.
3) Put aside at least an hour a night for reading/writing so that I’m not just sat in front of the laptop/tv/my phone until I’m in bed. Clear my mind 😌
4) If I have to stay late/bring work home with me plan my time more efficiently so I’m not procrastinating (this one’s easier said that done but I’m gonna try!)
5) Talk about literature more. With anyone, family and friends. I really miss having discussions and just chit chat about books so much so that I’m setting up a book club at work.
This week was mental health awareness week and really made me think about my own mental health and wellbeing. It’s so important to make time for yourself and to give yourself and your mind the time it needs to rest and recuperate. Work should NEVER EVER take up so much of your life that it begins to affect your health physically or mentally. I think it’s so important to take even just something as small as an hour for yourself and do something you love – paint, draw, create, read – whatever it might be.
Take care of yourself.